Small Simple Steps
Are you wondering how to start a blog? Or maybe you have questions about it. I’m glad you’re here! In this post, I’ll show you exactly how to create your own blog, no technical experience required. (It’s easier and faster than you think.) Plus, I’ll answer some frequently asked questions along the way.
The 6 steps to start a blog
- Decide what to blog about.
- Choose a blogging platform.
- Find a host.
- Pick a domain name.
- Get started with WordPress.
- Design & use your blog!
What is a blog anyway?
In short, a blog is a type of website that focuses mainly on written content, also known as blog posts. In popular culture, we most often hear about news blogs or celebrity blog sites, but as you’ll see in this guide, you can start a successful blog on just about any topic imaginable.
Bloggers often write from a personal perspective that allows them to connect directly with their readers. In addition, most blogs also have a “comments” section where readers can correspond with the blogger. Interacting with your readers in the comments section helps to further the connection between the blogger and the reader.
This direct connection to the reader is one of the main benefits of starting a blog. This connection allows you to interact and share ideas with other like-minded people. It also allows you to build trust with your readers. Having the trust and loyalty of your readers also opens up the door to making money from your blog, which is something I discuss later in this guide.
Why start a blog?
There are many reasons to consider starting a blog. Here are a few popular ones:
- Make money while working from home. I make a full-time income blogging. Many others do the same. Making money as a blogger is hard work, but it’s low risk, low overhead and low barrier to entry.
- Become a published author. It’s no secret, these days publishers rarely work with authors who don’t have an online presence. The reason is simple: it’s a lot easier to sell books to people who already know you. A blog is one of the easiest and most effective places to start.
- Get more exposure for your existing business or organization. A blog gives anyone, from individuals to large companies, the ability to reach a large number of people at very little cost.
- Just write. If you want to write, share your story, encourage others and build a community, a blog is a great place to do that.
Do you see yourself in any of those? Can you see how you would benefit from a blog? Keep reading!
How To Manage Your WordPress Hosting Account
How to Open and Respond to Support Tickets
How To Manage Your Domain Names and Nameservers
How To Earn Money as a WordPress Blog Support Affiliate
How To Login to the Members Dashboard
How to ADDON Features to Your Existing Order
How To View and Manage Your cPanel Hosting Account
How to Upgrade or Downgrade your Service
How to Manage and Pay Invoices
Support Basics FAQ and Downloads
- How to Open and Respond to Support Tickets
- How To Manage Your Domain Names and Nameservers
- How To Earn Money as a WordPress Blog Support Affiliate
- How To Login to the Members Dashboard
- How to ADDON Features to Your Existing Order
- How To View and Manage Your cPanel Hosting Account
- How to Upgrade or Downgrade your Service
- How to Manage and Pay Invoices
- Support Basics FAQ and Downloads